Question about files path

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johnnix

Question about files path

Post by johnnix » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:12 am

Hello,

I am using the latest source code edition of TChart (with Delphi XE7) and I was wondering which path should I add to my projects so that I can trace some TChart related functions. I installed TChart using the installer and I only have int the Library Path the compiled library like ...Sources\Compiled\Delphi21.win32\Lib. Adding the .../Sources or .../Sources/VCL gives me errors when compiling.

Regards

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about files path

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 am

Hello,

You should better add the "Sources\Compiled\Delphi21.win32\Lib" path, that contains the compiled units.
Adding the Sources\VCL should work for VCL projects and adding Sources\FMX should work for FMX projects (you may also have to add the Sources path, but always below the Sources\VCL or Sources\FMX), but note this way you'll always be recompiling TeeChart sources that isn't necessary in most cases and probably isn't optimal either.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

jens.mertelmeyer

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:22 am

I also wondered how to do that. I either did something terribly wrong, or adding the source folder isn't going to help you since the PAS files are not prefixed with stuff like "VCLTee" and the IDE isn't going to find them.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello,
jens.mertelmeyer wrote:I also wondered how to do that. I either did something terribly wrong, or adding the source folder isn't going to help you since the PAS files are not prefixed with stuff like "VCLTee" and the IDE isn't going to find them.
First note TeeRecompile, in an initial step, takes the units from Sources adds the VCLTee/FMXTee prefixes and puts them to the Sources\VCL and Sources\FMX folders.

If you are modifying TeeChart sources, the recommended way to go is by modifying the units at the Sources folder, run TeeRecompile and use the "Sources\Compiled\Delphi21.win32\Lib" library path. This way, you'll be sure to be using the same code in both VCL and FMX projects.

However, if you only use with VCL or FMX, you are free to run TeeRecompile once, directly work with the units at Sources\VCL or Sources\FMX and use that as library path.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy