TeeInstall in 2007 upgrade for v.7 crash

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
achristouio

TeeInstall in 2007 upgrade for v.7 crash

Post by achristouio » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Moving from my old XP computer to a new WIndows 7 computer, I got problems running the 2007 upgrade tool with v.7.

Get only this message about unknown file:

TeeChart Installation
VERSION: 7
RAD 2007.Win32 v11 (BDS v5 Enterprise)
EXCEPTION:
Invalid filename
--------------------------------------------

Could it be related to UAC forcing me to run with my local admin account instead of my user account which own the licensce of BDS or could it be related to placement of the files which is "TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007"

I also see that the changes that the installer did in registry ends up in the local admin account, a problem I have struggled with during the setup of the compilers

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeInstall in 2007 upgrade for v.7 crash

Post by Sandra » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello achristouio,
Get only this message about unknown file:
TeeChart Installation
VERSION: 7
RAD 2007.Win32 v11 (BDS v5 Enterprise)
EXCEPTION:
Invalid filename
-----------------------------
Seems same problem occurred for other client. I recommend you taking a look in this link where suggested a possible solution for your problem.
Could it be related to UAC forcing me to run with my local admin account instead of my user account which own the license of BDS
TeeChart doesn't check the license of BDS and the problem is unlikely to be this.
or could it be related to placement of the files which is "TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007"
You can do the test, you only need modify the default path of TeeChart and change it for a different path.

Could you please tell us your results? If the problem persist, please let me know.

Thanks
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum