Problem in IDE: TAreaSeries not found

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dirkil

Problem in IDE: TAreaSeries not found

Post by dirkil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

My problem is the following:
I use a TAreaSeries in a chart and that's working fine so far. But every now and then when I try to open the form in the IDE a message pops up saying "TAreaSeries not found". When that happens the only way to resolve that is to delete the chart from the form and add it again. Then it works for a while but all of a sudden it could happen that when you open that form that you get the message again.

It's really annoying to redo things over and over again. Do you have an idea what the problem is?

It happens only with TAreaSeries. We use that chart in various forms and they all suffer from that problem. We've been using TeeChart for quite a while but when we updated to the latest version the described problem started.

Do you have an idea what the problem could be?

Regards,
Dirk.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem in IDE: TAreaSeries not found

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello Dirk,

It sounds like a paths confusion in your IDE or in the project references. Is it a Delphi or a C++Builder project? Does it also happen in a new project or only in an old one?
I'd suggest you to check the IDE library and search paths with no project opened.
I'd also suggest you to edit manually (with notepad or similar) the project files (if it only happens in an old project) and correct any reference to an old TeeChart installation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

BigAl

Post by BigAl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 am

Hi,
since a few hours I have the same problem. I allready deinstalled and reinstalled TeeChart. I have the following things:

- If I start a new project and place a Chart on the main form everything works as expected.

- After shutdown and restart Delphi the chart is displayed and for the series in the chart a symbol is placed on the form. The chart editor is not available and cannot be opened.

- When I place a new chart on the same form the charteditor is available again.

I checked already the library path an everythings look ok for me. I'm unter time pressure and now have this problems :x . I uses Delphi (from RAD Studio XE) and TeeChart in the actual version.

Please help.

Tanks
Alex

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Hello Alex,

Excuse me for the delayed reply.
It sounds like a confusion in the paths too.
Please, check if it happens only with an old project or also in new projects.
Check that TeeChart's paths are correct and on placed the top of the lists. Ensure that the correct TeeChart is selected in the packages list. This should be enough for new projects.

If you still have problems with it, please tell us what system are you using and if the problem happens in Delphi or C++Builder projects, in new or only old projects.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

mazipm

Post by mazipm » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 am

I have similar problem but with TColorBand and It looks like the problem in

http://www.vimeo.com/19448049

Best reagrds
mazipm

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello,

The customer that created this video found a solution as he explained here:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 799#p52134

The conflict can be caused by a third party tool that uses the TeeChart packages that came with the IDE, and when you install another TeeChart version, you should recompile that packages too.

So please, check the paths as explained above (without any project opened), check if a new simple project works fine, and unselect any third party tool that may be using TeeChart from the packages list.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Tee8Beta

Post by Tee8Beta » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Some time ago I had such issue but with TAnnotationTool, using TeeChart2011 for BuilderXE. Every time on the old project start I've seen this message.
The first solution was to start without open project and then open project without problem.
If BuilderXE Started and opened project automatically, I've seen this message, moreover, after that IDE was making changes in the .DFM and .h file and I had to refersh these file from previous versions.

This arised suddenly and at last I had to reinstall CBuilder.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 am

Hello anauta,

If the problem only happens in an old project (usually a C++Builder project) the confusion with the paths may be in the project files. I'd suggest you to edit manually (with notepad or similar) the project files and correct any reference to a previous TeeChart installation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software