Non-Functionality of TVideoTool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Ecologist

Non-Functionality of TVideoTool

Post by Ecologist » Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi,

I have just purchased a license of TeeChart 9 to, among other things, use TVideoTool to generate AVI files. As I reported here almost three years ago (8/Apr/2009) there is an issue with TVideoTool in TeeChart 8 (TV52014076) with all Delphi versions later than Delphi 2006 (2009 and up). Noticed that this is not a small issue, as TVideoTool is totally non-functional in recent Delphi versions. This issue, to my disappointment, has never been resolved, and has been ported to TeeChart 9 as if it was unknown. Part of the problem is that I am migrating all my software to 64-bits, which requires TeeChart 9.

Is there an estimated time to when issue [TV52014076] will be fixed? Many smaller issues have been resolved in recent updates of TeeChart 9, but it seems that TVideoTool is no longer being maintained. If this is true, please remote TVideoTool from the announcement of TeeChart 9, and remove it from the example demo.

Thiago

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non-Functionality of TVideoTool

Post by Yeray » Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi Thiago,

I can announce it will be fixed with the next maintenance release.
Excuse us for the delay with the resolution of this problem.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy