Problems installing from Source...

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johnnix
Advanced

Re: Problems installing from Source...

Post by johnnix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Hello,

I always face this problem due to FastReports. I need to recompile Fastreports (first make sure to delete the TeeChart associated files in FastReports) for the error to disappear. So maybe it is a problem with another component that was compiled with the previous version of TeeChart?

Kindest regards

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Hello,
pelleb wrote:I wonder if the problem is with TeeChart or with the IDE ?
If I remove TeeChart everything works fine so TeeChart is doing something or ?
Well, TeeChart installer tries to clean any remaining path from a previous TeeChart installation from the IDE, and to add the correct paths.
A common cause for this to fail is that the user may haven't ran the installer with high privileges so the register couldn't have accessed. Another possible cause is, of course, a bug in the installer, that could be adding wrong paths or something else unattended. This is more probable in beta or prerelease versions.
Another common cause, is that a project may contain the paths to TeeChart hardcoded into the project files.
And of course, another cause are the third party tools that use TeeChart. They are compiled with an specific TeeChart version and when the user changes it, all the packages using TeeChart have to be recompiled.
johnnix wrote:I always face this problem due to FastReports. I need to recompile Fastreports (first make sure to delete the TeeChart associated files in FastReports) for the error to disappear. So maybe it is a problem with another component that was compiled with the previous version of TeeChart?
Does this error happens each time you upgrade TeeChart? If recompiling FastReports solves the problem, it seems to be FastReports (or concretely the TeeChart integration it includes) the component that is causing the problem.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am

Hello Yeray,

Yes, every single time I get this error, but I mentioned to help the user as just recompiling FastReports does not do the trick for me. For some strange reason I first have to manually delete dclfrxtee*.bpl and dclfstee*.bpl and then recompile to solve the issue. So, yes it is an issue of another package linked to a previous version of TeeChart but it needs extra care to make it work :)

Kindest regards