Installation problem during "build all..."

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Nicolas

Installation problem during "build all..."

Post by Nicolas » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:03 am

Hi,

I've just purchased TeeChart7.01. I want to use it under BCB5 (Windows 2000).

1. I tried to install it as it is mentionned in "install.txt" : load
"Tee7BCB5.bpg" then build all packages.
An error occurs during build of "DclTeePro7C5.bpl" :

"TeeChartReg.pas (283) : File not found ColnEdit.dcu"

How can I solved this problem ?

2. Moreover, I wanted to download binary installers (7.01 -- july 2004) but there is none for BCB5 (only for BCB6). Are these binary installers exist for BCB5 ? And, if 'YES', where could I download them ?

3. Perhaps, uninstall TeeChart 7.01 then install previous version 7.0 (march 2004) will solve these 2 problems ? Am I right ?

Thanks by advance,
Nicolas

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:38 am

Hi Nicolas,

You can use the Recompile tool provided with the TeeChart Sources installation. You only have to care about one problem with this tool (which has been solved for the v7.02 which will be released very soon) that it creates a folder called "CBuilder5" and then searches for a folder called "BuilderC5" under "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7 for C++ Builder 5" folder (default english installation). So after compiling using this tool you have 2 options.

The first one is manually creating a folder called "BuilderC5" and copying all "CBuilder5" content into it and run the TeeRecompile.exe tool.

The second one is manually installing the packages from BCB5 at project>options>packages and add the \bin and \lib teechart folders into project>options>directories\search list.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:50 pm

Hi Narcis,

OK, thanks a lot, it works fine. But for information (perhaps, it will be usefull for others developpers) :

narcis wrote:
You can use the Recompile tool provided with the TeeChart Sources installation. You only have to care about one problem with this tool (which has been solved for the v7.02 which will be released very soon) that it creates a folder called "CBuilder5" and then searches for a folder called "BuilderC5" under "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7 for C++ Builder 5" folder (default english installation).
The directory created is "BuilderC5" at the root.

2. The second problem was the link between TeeChart and QuickReport. I have the new version of Quickreport (4.04) and the compiled package is not "qrpt50.bpi" (as in the earlier version) but "qr4runc5.bpi". So, there are some files to change before recompiling (*.bpk, *.mak).

So, I think that, for your future version, it should be more practical to make available 2 differents installers (1 for earlier version of QuickReport and 1 for new). I say that because I had the same problem with QuickReport when I have upgraded to professionnal version from QuSoft (new version of QuickReport compiled with earlier version of TeeChart...) : it is not easy to have a reliable installation procedure with the version of each component (TeeChart and QuickReport).

But now, my problem is solved, so many thanks for your answer.

Nicolas

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:17 pm

Hi Nicolas,

I'm glad to hear your installation is OK.
The directory created is "BuilderC5" at the root.
This should depend on how you setted the destination path in TeeRecompile (relative or absolute). Anyway, we had another similar issue and have made some changes to TeeRecompile to avoid it. TeeChart Pro v7.02 VCL Sources has been posted in the customer download area with a new version of TeeRecompile solving this and the Borland C++ Builder path installation problem I comented in my previous post.
The second problem was the link between TeeChart and QuickReport. I have the new version of Quickreport (4.04) and the compiled package is not "qrpt50.bpi" (as in the earlier version) but "qr4runc5.bpi". So, there are some files to change before recompiling (*.bpk, *.mak).
To sort this out you can follow the steps at this FAQ item
So, I think that, for your future version, it should be more practical to make available 2 differents installers (1 for earlier version of QuickReport and 1 for new). I say that because I had the same problem with QuickReport when I have upgraded to professionnal version from QuSoft (new version of QuickReport compiled with earlier version of TeeChart...) : it is not easy to have a reliable installation procedure with the version of each component (TeeChart and QuickReport).
It is not very practical as packages change for every TeeChart version/IDE and also change for every QR version it is not as simple as Standard or Pro version.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum