TDBChart summary null values

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Thomas Klingler
Advanced

TDBChart summary null values

Post by Thomas Klingler » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi,

When I use a DBchart with the summary avg function on a field, null values are taken in the computation yielding false results.
Is there a way to ignore null values?

TIA

Markus

Teechart 7.12

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:14 am

Hi Markus,

Yes, you can set IncludeNulls property to false as shown in the All Features\Welcome!\Functions\Standard\Average\Average and nulls example in the features demo, available at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Thomas Klingler
Advanced

Post by Thomas Klingler » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi Narcís,

thanks for your reply, but this is not what I was looking for. Rereading my question I have to admit that it was not quite clear. So here again my problem:

I use a DBChart with a Clientdataset as the value source. If I choose summary from the dropdown menu I can select different summaries from the dropdown menu in the editor (sum, count, high, low, avg). When I choose avg of one field grouped by another field, then NULL values go into that computation leading to false results. Hence my question if I can tell the series to ignore NULL values when computing the average.

Markus

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:48 am

Hi Markus,

yes, this feature has not been yet implemented, it's on our wish list as a feature request to be considered for further releases.
In meantime the only workaround I can think of would be to calculate the summaries manually.