Sending charts to a file

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Thomas Klingler
Advanced

Sending charts to a file

Post by Thomas Klingler » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:00 pm

I have a program that creates several charts using Delphi7. I would like to export all thes charts in sequence to a single file including also some text to form a kind of report that can be subsequently printed out. How can I do this?
Mike Glazer

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:48 am

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid this is not possible for now. You can either export chart data or chart settings but each chart is saved in a different file. If you want to achieve what you request you'll have to manually merge those files.

You'll find all TeeChart's exporting possibilities at Tutorial 12 - Exporting and Importing Charts. Tutorials can be found at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

zur003

Post by zur003 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:27 am

The solution our team has taken has been to save the charts, and generate an HTML document that contains those charts (via IMG tags), along with additional text, tables and so on. We then display the HTML in a TWebBrowser control in our application.

As an added feature, we also save the chart descriptions in external files (.tee files). We have logic in place that allows the user to click on any chart displayed in the WebBrowser control to open a new dialog; this dialog uses the associated .tee file to display the selected chart and let the user invoke TeeChart's EditChart function to modify it, examine the data, etc.

This approach has met our reporting needs quite well.