Editing problem in Visual Studio.Net

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
kevster

Editing problem in Visual Studio.Net

Post by kevster » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:25 pm

I have a persistent problem when editing the ActiveX v5 control in Visual Studio.Net (you can do it but the changes are never saved) and am forced to use runtime scripting to configure the object. This is ok, I generally prefer it, but it is a little inflexible.

I don't doubt for a moment that this is a Microsoft problem but I just wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem or does anyone know of a way around it?

I intend to shortly upgrade to v6 of the ActiveX control. Is this likely to help?

TIA,

Kev.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:09 pm

Hi Kev,

it works fine here using the TeeChart Pro v5.06 and the latest TeeChart Pro AX v6.04.
Could you please post an example to the steema.public.attachments newsgroup (at news://www.berneda.com) with which I can reproduce the problem "as is" here ?

kevster

Post by kevster » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:38 am

Sorry, I don't see how I can send an example - it just never saves when I edit the object (via the design view). The ActiveX is just embedded in to and HTML page using the <OBJECT> tag. This is something I've done for many years using TeeChart and it was always fine, and still is, in Visual Studio 6.

How are you editing the graph's properties? Is there perhaps something obvious that I'm forgetting in .Net?

Regards,

Kev.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:19 pm

Hi Kev,

I've sent one example to the steema.public.attachments newsgroup which works fine here with the TeeChart Pro v5.06, I'm able to edit the Chart and change something, like add more Series, change the Series Color,... and save/restore it. Could you please check if it works fine for you ?

kevster

Post by kevster » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:36 pm

Sorry but I can't seem to find this newsgroup. Can you direct me?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:46 am

Hi Kev,

you can find it at : news://www.berneda.com