TChart in a common library

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Ced

TChart in a common library

Post by Ced » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:36 am

Hello !

I have a little question. I need to design a class that will encapsulate the TChart control (to provide more specific utilities) in C++. Of course I want to reuse this class in several project. So I want to put the .cpp and the .h files in a common library directory.
The problem is that I need to include the TChart header file in my cpp file. As my file is in my library and the tchart header file is in my current project directory, there is a BIG problem :? !!

So I want to know if I can put all the files generated by the ActiveX in this common library also ? And what do I have to do to insert the control in a new project without adding the files in the project directory but take those from the library.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:50 am

Hi Ced,

I'm sorry I don't have any example of pathing the header and cpp units into a separate/common class. The project dsp file normally contains a path list to each project header file. That may be a good place to start, it may be possible to map in a 'map/include' file here, pointing the dsp file to a common file that contains path definitions. I can't be sure without trying it though. Perhaps someone out there knowledgeable in VC++ can give us a clue?